Soooo, I paid for a ticket last week.
[This time it wasn't for speeding..ha.ha.]
I get all my shots tomorrow.
Then will apply for a visa.
That's right, I'm going to Mali in January!
It all happened so quickly; I think that's just how He rolls [can I say that?]. At first after I heard about the opportunity, I wasn't sure if I should go or not--doubts started creeping in...the ticket will be expensive...and shots could cost a pretty penny, too...I will have to use my time off from work...etc. These things to me equal security. I hold onto things far too tightly, as if they are my own. Then I thought, "What would I tell myself if I weren't me?" [I should do that more often.] And here's my answer: I'd say go until you aren't able, of course! In other words, put the plan into action until the doors start closing. So I took my own advice, bought a ticket (check), and asked off from work (check), and....I guess that was my biggest thing actually :)
Lately [the past year or so] I've had this urge to do. To go [here or where?]. Wanting to run hard and finish well. Wanting to live life instead of watching it pass one year at a time. [I feel like a broken record, but it's still my desire, all the same.] I'm so excited that God has provided this opportunity and the means. And so excited to participate!
To get and give a little, take a look at my brother's photography--all proceeds go towards the trip! [Did I mention that my dad, mom, and bro all get to go too?! Maraschino cherry on top. Jennifer would have been the sprinkles! :) ] Click HERE!
^^^He also posted more info about the trip, if you're interested.
Please lift up some prayers for us.
////EDIT////
I just realized that I wrote that whole post and didn't even say what we'd be doing! What was I thinking?! WELL, please visit my brother's site (see above)--he's a really good writer and puts it well. I will write more later :)
2 comments:
Hi Lauren! I don't know if you remember me, but I just found your blog, and am so excited to read about your trip! God gave me a special spot in my heart for Africa, and I was able to go there for three weeks on a mission trip during college. I feel like a huge piece of my heart is still there! I understand what you were saying about the urge to do and to run and finish well so much! I'll be praying for you, for the team, and for the people of Mali as you go! I know God will provide in just the right ways and timing as you prepare...I was so amazed at the ways He did that when I went. What an awesome opportunity! :) Praying for you! With His Joy, Alicia
Hi Lauren! (Sorry if this posts twice...) I don't know if you remember me, but I just found your blog, and am so excited to read about your trip! God gave me a special spot in my heart for Africa, and I was able to go there for three weeks on a mission trip during college. I feel like a huge piece of my heart is still there! I understand what you were saying about the urge to do and to run and finish well so much! I'll be praying for you, for the team, and for the people of Mali as you go! I know God will provide in just the right ways and timing as you prepare...I was so amazed at the ways He did that when I went. What an awesome opportunity! :) Praying for you! With His Joy, Alicia
Post a Comment