Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hot taMali

My parents are in Mali, Africa.

It has been a little lonely around the house. Mulder is great and all, but he doesn't speak back to me when I talk to him, watch the MSNBC watch channel, give goodnight hugs, or yell when the Mavs are playing. Today I realized....the dishes have stacked up. The trash is full. And my stuff is all over the house! Don't asked me how that happened--I am a very clean person. :)

Before my parents left, my dad was trying to mow the lawn while my mom taught paino lessons. Well the lawn mower died [do they have 9 lives?] like it always does. The piano student's dad graciously offered to come over with his son later because the 5th grader is finally old enough to mow and he is eager to do so. They are here at the house now. The red-in-the-face-pianist pushing the mower, the dad weed-whacking--it is the sweetest thing. What an encouragement it is to see a father leading by example and bringing his son alongside.

I won't lie, I watched them from the window [maybe a little bit teary-eyed] for a while. :) And then I took out the trash, loaded the dishes, picked up my stuff, watered the plants, cleaned my bathroom, and made some cookies for them. I hope that when I see a need I am moved to respond. I feel like I often pull the "I'm so busy!" or the "I'll do it next time" card.

Please pray for my parents. I'm pretty sure my mom lost her voice again and they are meeting resistance to the Gospel. God listens when we pray!

Carpe diem.

2 comments:

sara said...

heh, I didn't 'get' the title until the very end.

Praying for your parents, and for you.

lauren noel said...

haha! sorry sara...yeah, the title was kind of a stretch this time ;) thanks for praying!