I am finished with school. I went this weekend to bring some things home, and I think seeing my house at UMHB in disarray from moving helped for things to begin to sink in a bit more than before. I haven't been letting myself think about it at all, really.
What does it mean? Where do I go from here?
My whole life (minus the first 5 years) I have been defined as being a student. 17 and 1/2 YEARS!! It's strange to imagine what significance one quick walk across a stage can have. A brand new beginning.
A long time ago, when I was in Girl Scouts (Troop 3329, baby!) we passed from being little Brownies and on to the prestigious Junior Girl Scout level (haha!). We all gathered at the local park and walked across a bridge--starting off in our little brown, patch-covered vests and then on the other side of the bridge it was replaced with a fresh, spotless, green sash. This was obviously a monumental moment in the life of every Girl Scout, invoking deep thought and reflection. :)
One walk across the stage, of course, will not change my identity--it is found in Christ alone; the call is still the same. Now I will just be wearing the fresh green sash of adulthood instead of the brown memory-filled brown vest of semi-adulthood. It's exciting not knowing exactly what the next step is, or what it will look like...it's exciting to know that part of the next step involves me serving as a real, live nurse!
No comments:
Post a Comment