Saturday, August 09, 2008

"If home is where the heart is, then my home is where you are..."

After a long day and a flight featuring a double rainbow, I hit the wall of heat and humidity that awaited me outside of the DFW airport. I'm home.

I don't know how I convinced myself of this, but I didn't think I was going to be too sad to leave Yosemite. Don't get me wrong--it was the absolute best summer of my life (nothing has ever seemed so right to me), but I thought I had reached a good conclusion and end, feeling satisfied and ready to move on. Yeeeeaaaahhhh, now I'm pretty sad. I miss the Tribe and the community.

Home is definitely wonderful. I love my family and room and bed (complete with pillow!). Today I even got to paint my toenails, remove some Yosemite grime, and spend time with my mom in the pool. It doesn't get much better.

I hope and pray that I won't get distracted and that I can take what I've learned and run with it...run all over the place. : ) God has been so good to me. I look forward to the day when I'm in a situation or conversation and say, "It's because of what God did in Yosemite that _________!" And now, I'll wait with anticipation.

No comments: