I come home on Wednesday!
I've been working on interviewing the Tribe about their summer's--asking how their views of evangelism and ministry have changed along with some other things. It made me think about what my answer would be...
My view of ministry has greatly changed, I think. Before, I was scared that I would offend someone or make things awkward, or come off as being 'holier than thou.' The truth is that everyone is dealing with spiritual issues, trying to find some truth somewhere to claim as their own. I mean, how many people don't believe in anything at all? We have to meet people where they are on their spiritual journey.
I was flipping through my journal yesterday and read some notes from the story of Philip in Acts 8. While he was following semi-ambiguous direction from God he met a man who was on his way to worship. Philip was sensitive to the Spirit and discovered that the man didn't understand what he was reading. Because of Philip's obedience, the man chose to believe and was baptized!
How do we meet people where they are? Recognize that we are all 'spiritual beings,' identify needs, respond, and ask questions that matter. Intentionality in conversation is the issue, and accountability is key. We get to be little links in the chain of someone's journey. That's pretty dern exciting.
Tonight is Open Mic and the Summer Photo Contest, so I made cupcakes (as seen above) :D Steve described them as, "Lauren's Reverse Atkins Diet." I think sprinkles make everything so much better.
Well the Cosby show is on, so I'd better go.
3 comments:
that is one pretty cake in a cup! reverse atkins diet...ha!
i love your new found view on ministry. it's convicting...intentionality in conversation is difficult, but such a blessing if we obey!
can't wait 'till thursday!
i have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blogs and e-mails this summer...what a great learning experience Yosemite has been for you!
can't wait til you get home and we can chat more ;-)
p.s. that cupcake looks amazing!
hey cupcake! love how we have convos on here and there and everywhere! Bing is at the sitter's till the girls get home...everyone knows how well I get along with dogs...:)I do miss him keeping me company though! haha p.s. I wanna know the hich-hiker secret about free meal. Ha
Post a Comment