Friday, August 01, 2008

First the Hitch-Hiker, then the Superhero

At lunch yesterday I saw a girl my age sitting at a long table by herself. A few minutes after I joined her, her boyfriend came back from the bathroom. They told me they were hitch-hikers.
We talked for nearly 3 hours about their adventures. One time the guy, Paul, mentioned that he was also a street performer. I asked him what he played, expecting "guitar," or "saxophone," in reply. Nope. Hoola-Hooping. (!!!!!) It took everything in me not to laugh. He even has a homemade collapsable one so it will fit in his backpack!
And the girl, Diana, is a fellow Craftster : ) And, she makes jewelry and sews! AND, they're both from TX. And, she told me about a great open-air art/craft thing in Austin. I really like her.
We exchanged email addresses and I hope to follow up with them, because they are very "spiritual" in the hippie sense of the word. But, they could be open. For parting wisdom, Paul told me how to get a free meal at Waffle House. I'll probably share that later because it's very well thought out.

And finally, last night was Halloween in Boystown, so everyone dressed up and went to the Discotech. We didn't have costumes or anything, so finally it came to me. QUAILMAN!

From the cartoon Doug, remember? All he needed was a belt, a towel, and underwear...and well, we actually happened to have those laying around! Here's the evidence:


1 comment:

allye said...

That couple sounds awesome!

Quailman was a great idea. :) Really funny.

I hope you have a special last 6 days.