Sunday, April 06, 2008

Golden Days

The days of late have been absolutely beautiful. I couldn't really bring myself to study more than an hour or so on Friday, so I decided to walk around with camera in hand. I didn't get any special shots, but it was fun nonetheless. I haven't done that in a long time.






See?! Here's the sundial! Same quote, different format...


The nursing building ALMOST looks inviting! But not quite :D


Then I went to Target and found a big pack of wildflower seeds for $1, so I planted them yesterday evening. I found myself in a pickle while standing in front of the little flowerbed, bag of seeds in hand, no tools, and a huge pile of dirty wet leaves. So I ended up using a spaghetti scooper (what's the proper name here?)! You know, the spoon with gentle claw things sticking out of it? Anyway, it worked nicely to scoop leaves away and loosen up the dirt. I realized after the fact that there's only 3 weeks of school left and I won't even get to see them bloom :/ Oh well, maybe the neighbors will.

I'm still fighting against old roots that I thought had been dug out. Some days it's good, but others I see how tightly they are holding on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the seed-planting thing... I planted a bunch of basil and cilantro in 2 pots on my windowsill way back in February -- and they're still pretty small and sad looking. There's just not enough time. : )

lovely pictures, as always. What are you doing over the summer?