Tuesday, April 01, 2008

To be fair...

I will update : ) God has been so good. I've still been having lots of tests and papers, as usual, and the good news is that my grades are improving slowly but surely. I don't know if I'm learning the material better or if I'm honing my guessing skills, but whichever it is, I'm okay with it. :D

The weather has been beautiful, cloudy and drizzly with the ever-occasional burst of sunlight through the dim clouds. A couple of times I've opened our front door and caught the light right as it's blazing through. The grass and trees turn a brilliant shade of green and makes me feel as if I'm Dorothy stepping into the technicolor world. It's beautiful.

BIG news. My toothbrush has a new home. At the health fair last week all of the different booths were giving trinkets away and I was able to snatch a toothbrush cover that has a suction cup on the back so you can stick it to the mirror! And, it regularly reminds me to "Brush up on my 911 skills." Clever. And, apparently my cholesterol levels are looking good but I need an eye check up.

Walmart Eye Lady: Okay, read line seven (btw it was the tiniest one) to me.
Me: I can't read the first section, but I can read the last two.
Walmart Eye Lady: Read line six
Me: K W L A N Q P U Y (good memory, huh?) :D
Walmart Eye Lady: Okay now read line seven
Me: Yeah.......I still can't read that first section.
Walmart Eye Lady: Oh (long pause) Okay (long pause) Well, you might want to consider having an eye exam at Walmart in the near future.
Me: Thanks. (not convinced)

I guess that's all for now! Be blessed.

3 comments:

Callie E. said...

haha. walmart eye ladies crack me up! i'm proud of you for getting those grades up!! I pray i can do it too!!

Anonymous said...

"brush up on your 911 skills" . . . ha! i love that!

sara said...

you're too funny. i've been feeling like i'd really like to catch up lately. phone date?

p.s. -- new blog! http://petiteartichoke.blogspot.com/