Lately there have been lots of things that I've noticed about myself that are bad. Things that I really need to change, things that I need to weed out, things that should have never even had time to plant themselves and grow. It's almost as if I were watching a 3D film without the glasses and was unimpressed...but then realized what the glasses were for and all of a sudden things started jumping out at me.
Pruning is hard. So hard, in fact, that it's come to a point to where I just need to throw down my dulled shovel and let the Gardner take over. I mean, let's face it--I know plenty about hard soil, weeds, and deep roots, but nothing about good soils or nutrients, or growing seasons. Pruning means that puny branches that give scraggly shape, bad color and take up much needed energy are chopped away so that a new fruit, a fruit that brings *lovejoypeacepatiencekindnessgoodnessfaithfulnessgentlenessandselfcontrol,* can grow in its place. It's giving up, conforming, molding with the will of God for the furthering of His kingdom.
Nothing is in my control, I'm ready to g r o w.
No comments:
Post a Comment