Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Little Things

God has really blessed me lately. Starting, first of all with that amazing sunset previously mentioned. Then, on Sunday I missed my church service, because I had my times mixed up, so I was just going to go to the Dam. On my way out the door I happened to see some girls dressed up walking to their cars as well. Being the detective I am, I surmised that they were headed to a church. So naturally I followed them. The service was just what I needed. I saw some friends from Hospital Ministry, so I sat with them. It was cool how things "worked out."

Then today, I was with a new friend from class at Starbucks. We had just ordered and were waiting on our drinks when this lady came up and asked us if we were there to study for finals. We let out a moaning "Yeees." When we got our drinks and sat down at our table she came back over to us and said, "I just really feel like I need to tell you that I'll be praying for you." We told her thanks and the time of our test, and then she left. I almost started crying. I'm so happy that she didn't ignore that 'urge' inside of her. She really blessed me, and reminded me how God will use people when they're obedient.

And ANOTHER blessing--it was pouring when I drove to class, and I got there early so I was just sitting in my car listening to music with the car turned off. The rain began pelting down with a greater force, so I got my backpack, put my sweater over my head, and sprinted on tiptoe around miniature lakes and finally into the building. After my class I mosied on over to the computer lab, and after getting the low-down on facebook I searched for my keys so that I might begin my journey home. I couldn't find my keys. "Oh no, I've locked my keys in my car!" So I went out to my car and as I approached I heard music playing...yep, I left my keys in the ignition for about two hours. I blame it on finals. Thank you UMHB-ers for your honesty and lack of thievery.

No comments: