I always have good intentions that never precipitate.
(Okay, so maybe this is similar to my previous entry, but Barbara really struck a chord in me.)
I intended on writing that letter,
calling that person,
cleaning my room,
studying for today's test,
reading my Bible daily,
making time to dilly-dally on the piano,
running,
having a real conversation with that acquaintance.
It's almost like whenever I have a big test or project coming up, I put everything aside to prepare--everything being relationships (and sometimes hygeine. ha!), mostly. I just think, "Oh, I don't have time right now. I will have plenty of time later after this (big event of some sort) passes, so I'll do it then." The problem with that is, "later" always becomes later, and everything ends up suffering in the mean-time. Now is now--so carpe diem. Even though I've just written all of this, I don't feel as if I've really arrived at any conclusion...except it'll take time and work. And intentionality. (I guess that is a word since I didn't get any red squiggles beneath.)
Signing off.
Lord, equip me with an urgency for today and impress on me the uncertainty of tomorrow.
1 comment:
so I think it's time for an update on this blog missy! :)
Post a Comment