I was riding my bike to the library because it has been a beautiful day AND I haven't ridden my bike at all this semester due to the arctic blast weather. So, I am riding and I am a little rusty. I hear running behind me, getting closer, closer. And then this squirrel dashes RIGHT in front of me! I swirved to dodge him and let out a little squeal on his behalf. It was his lucky day--he got away.
I just wonder what possesed him to do such a thing? Had he been so bored that he was long overdue for some entertainment? Did I appear to be a person from his past that caused him unhappiness? Maybe run over his cousin? The way he was acting, his kind must be destined for such fates.
Other than squirrel news, I have gotten to go home alot recently. Well, this weekend and last weekend. It's nice to have a retreat away. Regain sanity. Almost :) This will be my first official week of clinicals, and I feel like I have plenty to do before then...must get to work!
I cannot wait for spring break.
4 comments:
It was super to see you today, Lauren! You're going to be a terrific nurse and a prodigy nurse-in-training--I can feel it. :) Have an exciting week!
"The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear or dread? The LORD is the refuge and stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1
if evolution and natural selection were true, why are squirrels so stupid?
Yes. Almost regain sanity. That's a little hard to do with me around. :)
I like you coming home every weekend, you should start making a habit out of it. I'm praying for you, know that. Try not to be discouraged...even though you seem to have it out for squirrels and birds. :) No, but really..you're wonderful, and it's hard now...but you can do it!
I just ran over a squirrel like an hour ago. It was a traumatic experience. I wasn't sure if I hit it or not, so I turned around and saw it running in little circles dragging it's back paws. I feel terrible.
I hope this comment brightened your day. :D
Post a Comment