Friday, October 27, 2006

Quotable

After a long week, filled with three lovely tests and an in-class presentation, I decided to reward myself. About a month ago, a friend gave me a DVD of Sara Groves' documentary "Nomad," about her travels to Rwanda and Louisiana, and today I finally had the opportunity to take it out of the wrapper and pop it into the DVD player. I would try to describe it in more depth, but I am sure my words would only take away from how great it really is. Let's just say I had to get my notebook out and write some things down!
This week I have felt so encouraged. I have really struggled with seeking God. It's has been hard for me to read the Bible or do anything regularly. In little ways this week, whether it be reading a magazine article, talking to a friend, listening to the rain, or getting up before the sun arose, I have been reminded that I am loved by my Creator and His love is not dependent on anything that I do or don't do. It is that kind of love that makes me want to know Him even more. I'm back up on my feet. Lord, guide my steps. I want to follow you.

Isaiah 41:9-10
I took you from the ends of the earth,
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant';
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


"I guess if I'm learning anything it's to just go." Sara Groves
Some good resources to check out:
addtothebeauty.com
nomadshow.com

2 comments:

Calyn said...

Mmm, those are such good verses. I was trying to envision God upholding me with his hand. You know what's cool about that? If someone's holding you up with their hand then it doesn't matter if you're standing straight or totally flopped over the result will be the same. That's good to know. Love you, Lauren!

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
I love that you take the time to appreciate the "small" things which are actually big and significant. I love you are reminded that you are loved by your Creator and His love is not dependent on anything that you do or don't do. It is so good to constantly remember that truth. I find myself getting bogged down if I haven't had "regular" time with the Lord like I want to, yet God remains faithful to me and His faithfulness is evidenced in how He takes care of me and calls me His child. Sometimes I forget to think of Him as my Father. He loves me unconditionally not on the basis of my failed attempts of righteousness. Praise the Lord that His love is not contingent upon me or anything that I have done or will do, but solely based on who He is and what His Word says that He does and will do.
- Amanda