I love going into old homes. I can remember our family vacation to Galveston when I was really little, we went into several old houses that made it through the great hurricane. My imagination goes crazy thinking what it would be like to live in such a grandiose home way back when it was originally built. Having beautiful gardens, tea parties, feather beds, my own maid, wearing pretty dresses, riding horses for transportation, playing cards while listening to the phonograph, and maybe even having parties in the living room, etc. (Reading Samantha's American Girl books as a girl probably didn't help this...) :)
Today my mom and I went to Thistle Hill (www.thistlehill.org), a mansion that a cattle baron from Tennessee gave to his daughter as a wedding present. Can you imagine? There were so many extravagant rugs, painted ceilings, beautiful pieces of furniture, and a huge staircase that split to go to both sides of the house. I couldn't pick just one room that I would have lived in. Maybe I would have just rotated rooms depending on my mood :) I love imagining.
3 comments:
That looks so fun! I went to a mansion once with Danielle in like 5th grade, and we snuck away from the tour and went into the attic. We saw all these old dolls and stuff, then got in trouble. Thanks for complimenting our hideous box...it was really fun to make, we laughed the entire time. When do you go back? I want to see you before then if possible!
that's AMAZING! Thanks for sharing pics! You and your mom look SO much alike!
That sounds good...I get off work at 6 tomorrow, and I am planning on going to church for the first time in forever, but definatly after that...what time do you think you will be back home? You have a day full of driving ahead of you...be safe. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Post a Comment