We got back from Mali yesterday! It was such a great trip--and I feel privileged to have gone to take the Gospel to a seemingly unreachable group of people, with my family! I am happy to be back though. I will, of course, share more about the trip over the next few days but for right now I will share a few impressions of being home.
--I am sad that I've missed some things so much. Things like being able to wash my face with hot water. Things like wearing perfume. Things like having a pillow. It's kind of lame.
--I went to church last night so I wouldn't go to sleep really early. I re-realized how much I love worship music and praising God in that way. Also, I am so grateful for the loving body of Christ and being able to be with like-minded people.
--Before going to Mali, when I'd just heard stories from my family, I thought is was SO far away. On another continent! Across the world! So unfamiliar! But now that I've been, it doesn't feel very far at all. Yeah, it takes some travel, but it's totally accessible and doable.
--I feel burdened for my new friends there in a way I've never felt, even while living there amongst them. Burdened that people have fallen away, burdened that the faithful are feeling isolated, burdened for some of the cultural differences--A)that the women inferior and don't have the same opportunity to learn and grow and B) the mentality that "If you are good to me, then I will listen/believe you."
I guess that's it for now. I have the next couple of days off, so I am journaling everything I can remember. I can't believe that the trip has already come and gone, and I don't want to forget anything that has happened. God is good and sovereign.
No comments:
Post a Comment