Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cush case!

It all started here:

(bendy fingers?!)
I bought supplies for this ukulele case several weeks ago when I was feeling ambitious, but the more I thought about the execution the more I wondered if I bit off more than I could chew. 1.) I'm not very good and sewing curves/keeping things even. 2.) I get frustrated with sewing machines sometimes--like when they have a mind of their own! ;)
But after two days of sewing/thinking/revising/coffee/trial & error/"dang-its!" and a litle encouragement from Mom, I got a result I was happy with! And I think little baritone ukulele is excited about his home. It's by no means perfect, but it is functional :)

The cherry on top when it comes to making things is getting to choose buttons to finish it off...and these yellow ones make me happy.

Now there's only one thing--since I've got a case...where should we go? Oh, the possibilities :)

1 comment:

Sam Jones said...

ummm....cutest thing ever. open a dang etsy shop!