Work on the Oncology floor has been rough. I had my first patient die on my shift. I have had to be reminded of simple things (very simple things) that I know to be true. Things like, God is the giver and taker of life. That has been a difficult truth to believe lately. I had a long drive yesterday and listened to John Pipers recent sermon at the Village...made me happy that this life is not all we live for.
[satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.] ps 90:14
Saturday, January 02, 2010
[A belated post on the Christmas season.]
Christmas is over. Does anyone else experience post-Christmas depression? Okay that might be a stretch, but it seems like so much preparation goes into it and then it's gone in a flash. It's good that the New Year follows quickly after. It has been a happy time filled with loved-ones, teal-velvet-birthday cake, the Nutcracker, snow, goodies and sweet things that I would like to reflect on now. :)


.JPG)




.JPG)

.JPG)

Work on the Oncology floor has been rough. I had my first patient die on my shift. I have had to be reminded of simple things (very simple things) that I know to be true. Things like, God is the giver and taker of life. That has been a difficult truth to believe lately. I had a long drive yesterday and listened to John Pipers recent sermon at the Village...made me happy that this life is not all we live for.
Work on the Oncology floor has been rough. I had my first patient die on my shift. I have had to be reminded of simple things (very simple things) that I know to be true. Things like, God is the giver and taker of life. That has been a difficult truth to believe lately. I had a long drive yesterday and listened to John Pipers recent sermon at the Village...made me happy that this life is not all we live for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lauren, I love your post :-) You look very happy and I miss you!
Post a Comment