Sunday, December 20, 2009

Put your garlands up!

Goodness! Meeting up with frinds, decorating, making/buying gifts, baking, singing...Christmas is here, huh? :) Oh, I finally made use of all those pom-poms that I made! Here's one of two garlands:

And for the close-up....


I am beginning to feel like this Christmas is reinforcing my transition into adulthood for a few reasons...

1) I haven't peeked for presents one time! Historically speaking, I am a Snooper.
2) It has been more difficult to get in 'the Christmas Spirit,' if you will. I suspect this is because a) there was a lack of finals, b) no celebration/relief from finishing finals, c) no MONTH LONG BREAK.
3) Christmas songs are taking on new and truer meanings for me. I love them. Why don't we sing them all year long? How worshipful! I love them alot (have I said that?). It makes me sad that I didn't pay attention sooner. I feel like I did last Thanksgiving when I tried sweet potatoes for the first time...

We sang "O, Holy Night," tonight at The Village and it was the most worshipful Christmas song I've ever sang or experienced. I wish I had a video of it...but, this one is good too :) The words!!

3 comments:

sara said...

Your garland is the cutest! I've not been as motivated to decorate without my own place this year, but you make me wish I'd done a little bit.

I feel you on the Christmas spirit thing, too. It's been an interesting time.

I'm dying to have a good talk with you... are you off any of the days this week?

Sarah Smith said...

so cute--i love the garland!

merry christmas...hope you have a great time with your family tonight! :-)

Amanda said...

I love your little space. So cute. I am glad we talked today.