Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Can you (pan)handle it?

My family went to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving--that's right, me, my parents, Kendrick, Jennifer, and our little dog all loaded up in the red Jeep Cherokee. Mulder had a very nice nest in the back :) I'm afraid my car might be on it's last leg, but it did not let us down this time (despite the key not always turning in the ignition).



Spent some good time with the grandparents, cousins, ate at the Hoot Owl, played some Scrabble (and variations), went out to Kenton and the Ellard Ranch (sooo pretty...but I didn't get any good pics), looked at scrapbooks, heard stories, etc, etc, etc. And now, even 5 days after Thanksgiving, I am still experiencing post-face-stuffing remorse. PFSR is the official term, I believe.

Oh! And I unofficially got the job that I interviewed for! Praise God! Thank you so much to those of you that prayed for me. I am thankful and *really* excited about working on this floor. I think this next year will be a very good one :)

3 comments:

Krista said...

Yay Lauren!!! I'm so happy for you! I knew you'd get it!!

I miss you and the red jeep!! *sigh* I'm glad you had a great time!!

Sam Jones said...

you are just so cute. love that i got to see you this week. love even more that i get to see you again next week!

Sarah Smith said...

yay, family! love the pics! :-)

you ate at the "Hoot Owl"?! i need to go there with you sometime! hehe.