There was the most talkative (and tiny) Vietnamese woman in the hospital the other night. Her bed alarm was on to let us know when she'd get up. She got up ALL night. So when I'd hear the alarm and her nurse wasn't around I'd go turn it off. And then she would talk.
This woman spoke only Vietnamese and to her it did not matter that I didn't speak a lick of it. I'm sure she was telling me about her children and their families, and maybe some of the gossip with her neighbors in the building where she lived. Or maybe she was telling me about her husband who worked hard all day and would bring her home bread and a kiss on the cheek every evening.
I really have no idea. All I know is that I speak English, she doesn't, and it didn't even matter! I would say, "Yeah?" To which she would respond, "Yeah! *babble babble babble*" And she went on and on and on, encouraged by my nodding head. :) I love my job.
Good times on the Urology floor. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment