Sunday, November 30, 2008

Food Coma Holiday Report!

I am sorry to say that I did not get pictures over this holiday that are representative of what happened. For instance: No pictures from Thanksgiving day at all! However I will post what I have. The highlights :D

This is me and my friend Liz (who will also be working at Harris!!) AT THE DALLAS MAVS game last Tuesday. Allye got free tickets and graciously gave them to us! It was a great game.


Gran made mom a surprise for her birthday...and she was surprised... : ) (please click on this and check out her eyes!!!)


It was a quilt made out of African fabrics that Mom got for Gran from Mali on her last trip over there with Dad. She had no idea what Gran planned to do with them! It is a beautiful quilt...



And this is Jennifer, Gran, and Mom discussing sewing, the hot topic!

I've also been making stuff--button rings, paper bag albums, other things, etc. I started 3 different books (Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, and an Agatha Christi novel) and finished none. This is consistent with my other reading habits, unfortunately. I hope to change that sometime, but I may just be a hopeless case. :/

This evening I met up with Sarah, my crafting friend, and together we came up with lots of beautiful, cheap Christmas decoration ideas! We are going to execute these ideas on December 14th, so check back then for pictures : ) I am excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that quilt is awesome! your grandma is a talented woman!!

YES!~about the 14th!!! i'm totally pumped :-D

Anonymous said...

LAUREN--i have more ideas!

i went to the ladies' christmas dinner at church tonight and got some more sweet ideas for the 14th! woot, woot!

lauren noel said...

AAAHHHHH!!!! I can't wait!!!!