Wednesday, October 01, 2008

There and Back Again

Today I had clinicals at Ft. Hood and I gave a ton of flu shots. I had a great nurse to follow...it was fun! Right after I got out, I drove 1 hour to Temple, met some of my chicas and we drove 2 hours to Ft. Worth for a Harris Methodist Hospital dinner at Joe T. Garcias. I wore "adult business attire" and talked to lots of "important people," so I feel like the evening was a hit. I also found out more info about the *ideal* internship that I'd really like to do...it rotates you around 9 different Med/Surg floors for an entire year, and then you get to pick where you want to stay! : ) To top it all off, I got free mints in a really cool dispenser case. Success. Afterwards we went to Panera for some pastries and coffee:

Clockwise from the top: Chien, me, Liz, and Kathleen. I have so much fun with these girls!! And I will miss them :/ It would be so cool to work with them during our first years....

It is so neat to think about how much my life will change in a mere 4 months! I know it will be different and I'm sure there will be things that I won't like about growing up, but I'm ready for the change. I am SO ready to not study anymore. Even though I haven't been doing much of it lately, just knowing that I really *should* be studying is burdensome. So that's why I update this blog ;) To further advance the viscous, viscous cycle...

On that note, have a blessed and bright day : )
God is so good!

2 comments:

Krista said...

haha.... i think our house is cursed with the senioritus bug! come on nurse lauren! where's my vaccine? :)

glad you had a good time!!

allye said...

:) i'm glad that you had a successful trip!

it's so weird (and awesome) that you're about to graduate and become a real grown up.

while i am *very* excited for you, i do have to admit that i'm going to miss you being here...a lot.