Thursday, July 03, 2008

Uniting the World

one play at a time. What is this I speak of? A dearly loved sport; the kind that unites cultures, beats you up, brings you to sing "Ole," and makes you walk away so exhausted and worn out that you feel satisfaction that leaves you begging for more. Yes, I'm talking about Soccer.

A few days ago I dribbled my soccer ball everywhere with me. I mean everywhere, like it was my child. Random tourists called out, "Shoot!" and lots of employees stopped to talk and ask when the soccer game would be. So this past Wednesday at 4:30 we played on the Boystown Basketball court. About 15-20 people showed up!! We were pretty crowded and the playing surface wasn't ideal--dirt, gravel, and concrete--so I think next week we will try to find a new area to play. It was intense and fun.

Isn't it crazy how God works? Through soccer, we've been able to meet a few new faces and find common ground. I love it. : )

2 comments:

allye said...

awesome! :)

the picture of tourists stopping in their tracks shouting "shoot!" makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

how fun is that!?!