I've been spending alot of time in the valley recently and awesome things have been happening!
I will start off with the biggest highlight of the week. My friend's birthday was last week and we had a ton of delicious-almost-famous chocolate/strawberry cake left over. We took it to Boystown (an employee housing area) to see if anyone was up for the 'challenge.' Sure enough, there was a tent full of Ukrainian girls that were up for it! And, they even threw in a plate of oranges and bananas and cups of hot tea for all...even though it was hot outside. I love Ukraine. It was awesome, and encouraging in some way. They were also excited to speak with Americans because that's why they came over here to work--but they are surrounded by so many other Ukrainians, they usually speak Ukrainian. Also, one of the girls studies in Nishun, Ukraine--where I went to visit a friend one time! So, it was cool to talk about her University. Please pray specifically for Vita, Natalia, Olya, and Marina.
Also this past week I got to go running with a girl I've been wanting to get to know. I'm anxious for future talks with her. Today I went up and down the 4-mile trail (I think this makes it the 3rd time) to Glacier Point with 2 Ukrainian employees who hadn't hiked in Yosemite yet. Earlier this week some time I went on a 14 mile hike with another girl who I've been wanting to get to know. We had some really good God Talks. I feel like I've been really busy doing things with people, which I completely love...I feel like there's so much more to be done before August 7th...
(Isn't it cool the things that God prepares us for, even when we don't realize it?!)
Even though good things are happening, the Enemy is still at work. To get a good picture of what I'm talking about, read 2 Peter. And above all, please pray!
No comments:
Post a Comment