Saturday, June 07, 2008

Today

I woke up this morning without a plan. "What are you doing today?" a girl asked me while I brushed my teeth. "I don't know, walk around maybe?" I said. It kind of made me really sad, not having something specific to do. All of my friends are working today.

Walked down and got some coffee. Sat and began reading a book, coffee in hand. Heard the TV. What? Euro Soccer? [Smile.] Saw a group of Euros watching the game. Invited me over. Watched and yelled with them. The Irish guy thinks the Turks play dirty. The Czech girl has a crush on Christiano Renaldo of Portugal. I might too. New friends.

Tried to find some wi-fi. Ate macaroni with Matt in the kitchen. New friend. Searched for wi-fi again. Met Alex, a nomad climber. From Kansas, here for a month. Studying mechanics. Rode the bus together in search for wi-fi. New friend.

Maybe that's why I have the free time. To meet people, identify needs...be able. I'm okay with that.
It's easy to get distracted. Losing sight of the goal. Missing the big picture.
*Thank you, Lord, for stirring my heart*

2 comments:

allye said...

awesome. real awesome. i'm glad that you're meeting new, exciting people.

Callie E. said...

Lauren, glad to know you're enjoy'n your summah oh eight! haha You my friend have mighty writing skills...makes me feel like I'm right beside you sitting in a swing carrying on a conversation! miss you! love u tons!