Sunday, April 13, 2008

A little R&R

This weekend I had the opportunity to chaperone the KHS Choir to San Antonio/Corpus Christi with my mom! It was oodles of fun. Friday was spent driving to the competition, shopping, eating at various mall food courts, and listening to all the choirs perform. The kids are great, but I definitely was feeling like an adult. Wow.

Saturday we went and toured the USS Lexington. It was HUGE and really interesting. It's really a whole new world which I haven't had much exposure to. Afterwards we walked on over to the aquarium. I love aquariums...and the otters and dolphins, turtles, jellies, fishies, sting rays, and other ocean friends. It's so fun just to go and watch...I need to find a website online where you can watch them or something :D We had a nice time relaxing on the beach for a while, eating at a nice seafood place, and patrolling the beach at night.

Today we drove to San Antone, went to the Alamo (remember it!), walked the river, ate by the river and ducks, and got ice cream by the river. It was a nice day and a nice weekend....one that was WAY too short. My camera batteries don't hold charge, so all pictures were taking by my mom and her camera. I'll try to get some up here soon!

No comments: