Monday, February 25, 2008

Surprise


I discovered a new website that I love. It's a community of list-makers at listography.com. I'm not sure why I am so intrigued with it, because I'm not a huge list-maker myself, but it's interesting to see what people think is important. I've already spent far too much time on it!

Today I had a *really* hard test. I made an 'okay' grade, but in the heat of the moment, I thought I was doing terrible. I did close to terrible, but I passed...so no complaining here! Little did I know my day was about to take a major turn for the best.

After our test in Critical Care, we had our Psychiatric Nursing class. My psych teacher started walking towards me and of course I was thinking, "Oh no, I still haven't made an appointment with her to talk about my last test that I did poorly on! I'm in trouble..." (Seriously, this woman will hunt you down...) But to my surprise she had a small box in her hand. "What is this?" said me. Oh yes. It was a stethoscope! I entered a drawing at the job fair last week and I won! Happy Day. Yes, I realize that my excitement over such an issue immediately places me into a 'geek' category, but I don't care. It is a real good stethoscope. And when I got home I listened to my heart sounds. :D

Today I went to pilates, and I don't know how I can be so sore after *every* class. I used to make fun of pilate-goers, but no longer! It is hard. It's crazy to have such an extensive work out and never even break a sweat. I was excited because my duplex-mate showed up and we talked for a little while. She's still my friend even after the fire department extravaganza. :D

Now I'm off to write a paper that I will hopefully finish tonight. It's about isotonic, hypertonic, and hypotonic fluids. I know you all are on the edge of your seats now....

2 comments:

allye said...

wahoo for good stethescopes! it's so exciting to win things.

:)

sara said...

yaaay for the test being over and the stethoscope. : )

I'm just starting to get into Pilates... I love it, too! Right now I'm just doing videos, but I want to find a class.

I just found out I have mono, so no intramural soccer for me this semester. : ( Definitely don't want a ruptured spleen.

What else are you up to these days? What are you doing for spring break?