It was a crucial moment. I had come to a point in my life when i had to make a decision. Laying on my bed, dried crystalized sweat upon my skin, I weighed my options.
Should I take a shower?
I mean, sure, it sounds like an ordinary mundane task, but alot goes along with it. You have to gather your things, walk 10 feet to the shower, get under the water, shave/wash hair/etc., blow dry your hair (Well, I have to in order to avoid my cave-woman hair), and sometimes straighten/curl all the hair. That in itself is a feat.
On the other hand, it's better to go to bed clean because that means I don't have to wash my sheets as often (right mom?), and also it's easier to fall asleep if I smell good, instead of tormenting myself with my own stench.
As I think about this, I get off my bed to take a break, walk to the kitchen, get out the chocolate pudding from the fridge, walk back to my room, lay down on my bed with the pudding laying on top of my tummy, eat it, and continue thinking about what I should do.
I'm sure that this is a larger metaphor for my life. That worries me a little bit, but not enough for me to quit eating the pudding, oddly enough. :) Well, maybe I'll just buck up and take a shower.
3 comments:
Lauren you are too funny!
i go through the same dilemma...
showers are such a time-consuming task!
Yes! I too am tormented with that decision! If I didn't have cave-woman hair life would be so much easier!
Post a Comment