Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mistakes, breads, and thinking...

Ooooh man.  I made a Thanksgiving Rookie mistake.  I went to WalMart.  You know, between that and the new El Rancho, I thought I was making the right decision (considering the food items that I needed).  Think again!  The lesson learned:  Never go to any grocery store the day before Thanksgiving.  Screaming children.  Adults who act as if they've never pushed a grocery cart.  Lines that will make you want to just take your stuff and run.

But, I survived.  I got home and realized I forgot butter.  Thank goodness for CVS, because I was not going back to the Walmarts!
Then, I made some green bean casserole and pumpkin bread.  I was so excited about the pumpkin bread.  The problem about breads is that I always get excited about them...and always take them out of the oven too early.  Then they fall and become more of a patty.  Not okay.  Disappointment every time.

I am not always good about reflecting on Thanksgiving about what I'm thankful for.  I take things for granted and I get too distracted by the delicious family foods.  This Thanksgiving I have to go to work, but I am going to make an effort to find a quiet moment during the day and reflect on what God has blessed me with.  Everything we have, and even what we don't have, is a gift from God.

You are loved and cared for.

No comments: