These are the Things I've Nearly Stepped On, 2011 Edition:
[Please note that this was all while running around the neighborhood]
-dead squirrel on 2 separate occasions
-dead cat
and today [insert drumroll]...
-big, huge, dead snake.
I'm so thankful for the "dead" part of that equation....that thing was big, and I was very close to it...
What does this mean? I hate to be that person that looks for meaning in everything, but seriously. I've had alot of close encounters with alot of lifeless creatures. What is up?
2 comments:
yikes.that is alot of dead. I stepped on a mouse once..only half dead. Dead animals are never a fun find.
I've also had 2 dead animals on my driveway, all this past week. One was an adorable squirrel that lay lifeless on his back in the alley behind my driveway (not sure if he'd been run over, or just died of something else?). There was also a baby bird that looked like it must have fallen from its nest (it was still featherless). Poor animals. I dug a hole and burried the squirrel... I didn't feel right about leaving it, and I didn't like the idea of throwing it in the dumpster.
What's with all the carnage? I know it's just the facts of life...but it still is sad to behold.
Post a Comment