Do you remember those kids in school that refused to read books, and would stand firm in their convictions even if meant that the Sparknotes/Cliffnotes/PinkMonkey notes were just as long as the book? *coughCheaperByTheDozencough* Were you that kid? I was that kid.
So I was at Goodwill the other day browsing the skirts (I've been in a skirty mood lately), but when I didn't find anything I ended up walking around the whole store. It's easy to get sucked into that place. WELL, books were 2 for $1.00! I came across "To Kill A Mockingbird," and "Of Mice and Men," and remembered them being on our reading lists way back when. I got them both.
"To Kill A Mockingbird," is mysterious, funny, heartwarming, and everything I look for in a good book. I'm saddened by the fact that I cheated myself for all of those years. Also sad that I'm so far behind in jumping on this reading boat! It's been the cheapest vacation I've ever had.
One of my favorite parts so far....Atticus to Jem and Scout:
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."
Happy weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment