It was the end of my day and I was about to leave so I went into my 91 year-old-sharp-as-a-tack lady's room to give my goodbyes...we had shared many laughs throughout the day.
Me: "Okay, I am gone for the day. If you need anything, Louise will be your new nurse so just give her a call! She will be by in a little while..."
Patient: "Did you ask for my address?" *smiles*
Me: "Oh...no, do I need it for anything?"
Patient: "No, I just thought you were about to ask for it..."
Me: "Want to be penpals?"
Patient: "Yes, I can't write very well anymore, but I did win a penmanship contest when I was younger..."
So sweet...she got married at 17 and was married for 72 years! SEVENTY-TWO YEARS!!! What a treat to meet her.
1 comment:
Ugh! I want a 91 year old penpal! You have the best job in the world. :)
Post a Comment