Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Boutten-what?


Bouttenier...what a weird word for such a pretty thing. I am finished making them for Sam and Nick's wedding! Sam is spunky and playful and easy-going, so she was my inspiration :)


Today we are going to Oklahoma for my cousin's wedding! I really love driving. More than that, I love packing for car activities.
In my bag right now:
1. iPod (of course!)
2. embroidery thread & my Sublime Stitching book
3. Nancy Drew: Nancy's Mysterious Letter
4. Holga and film
5. Hair ties
6. "Let Me Be a Woman," by Elisabeth Elliot (more on this later...)
7. Flowers/buttons/floral tape to make corsages
8. Sudoku puzzles
9. Nursing book (just in case I get caught in a wave of ambition)

Eight hour drive in the backseat with Mulder, here I come :)
Happy week to everyone!

2 comments:

Sam Jones said...

LOOOOOVVVEEEEEE them!!!!!

You. Are. Awesome!!!

Have a fun trip! :) Looking forward to those corsages & other boutteniers! You're so wonderful!

sara said...

these turned out so cute! I love making boutonnieres.

Have so much fun at the wedding. Tell Mulder hi for me... ;)