I went to the
Amon Carter today with my mom. Unfortunately I forgot my camera. :/ You know, ALL of the exibits are free ALL of the time! We saw the "Views & Visions: Prints of the American West" today and it was so awesome. For some reason stories of Indians and settlers, covered wagons and the wild frontier have always been some of my favorite. It's my Little House soft spot, I guess :) I'm so amazed that people loaded up in covered wagons with WOODEN wheels and made it across the continent averaging 18 miles a day facing so much uncertainty. I mean, there were Indians. There were miles and miles of nothing. There were human lives to be responsible for. We gotta give those people some credit. Also at the exhibit was a whole wall of Yosemite lithographs...so I was one happy girl. That place is God's country :)

This one is by John Ross Key (nephew of Francis Scott I do believe.)
It brought back some (good, love-filled) memories. It says something if it's been almost 2 years since I worked there and I still can't stop talking about it. haha. Oh goodness. I think I am adding "Pioneer" to the list of things I want to be when I grow up :)
3 comments:
I appreciated the emphasis on WOODEN. Can you imagine how ridiculously hard that was? I have not wanted to live in that time. That's why I chose Samantha as my doll. But, I do share your soft spot for Little House. Who doesn't want to fling your arms up in the air as you run through a flower filled field with your sisters??
:) ... I now have one posted entry on my very first blog.
Just wanted you to know & I'm looking forward to reading all the good things you have to say from here on out.
Ps. When I get up there, we'll have to go back to the museum... since we got ripped off last time. haha ;)
I love music sharing, it's my favorite. :D
Post a Comment