Yes, this is a post from work. Some nights are busy. Most aren't. Tonight [thankfully] has been the latter. Hence, posting from the workplace! :D
I got a new patient this evening who wanted more pain medicine and called his doctor...at home! The doctor then called me and said, "Tell him this--I am your doctor. I am your servant, you can fire me at any time. As we discussed, the goal is to get you off of ____. Do you still agree?" And the patient shook his head yes. "Never call me at home again. Ask the nurse to page me." :)
Are you not impressed? I may or may not have teared up a little...
I've only had one other encounter with this doctor and it was last February--he has his own clinic and doesn't see many of these hospital peeps. There should be more like him.
On a different but not entirely unrelated note, I read this simple prayer in an Elisabeth Elliot devotional and I'm going to try to make it a regular for when I don't know what to pray. It seems to be a good posture for prayer in general... Plus, it's short enough so I can remember :)
Lord Christ Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on us.
(Please, please do.)
No comments:
Post a Comment