[satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.] ps 90:14
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Home Alone
My parents are gone to Mali, Africa. The house feels so weird without them. So, it's just been Allye and me. The other morning, Allye left the house really early and I guess I heard the front door close because I woke up--JUST IN TIME to see a dark figure in my doorway. (Note: My eyes only give me colors and vague shapes without contacts or glasses.) "Allye?" I said. No response. No movement. "Who's there?" my heart racing. Still nothing. Oh my gosh, someone is in the house! I guess if they're not moving, maybe they'll give me a chance to put on my glasses. I reached over slowly, carefully, and took my glasses. Oh, what a difference a lens can make!! My door was definitely closed and the 'figure' was definitely a sweater hanging off my little coat rack on the back of my door. I laughed a little in my head, and then waited as I felt my heartrate slow down (it took a little while), and then went back to sleep. :) Sometimes my imagination (mixed with poor eyesight) makes my life alot more exciting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My heart rate has gone up just reading about what had happened to you. I appreciate your transparency. Fear is no good unless it's of the Lord. haha
I admire you girl.
That was hilarious! but I too found myself getting drawn in and adrenaline pumping...you are a good storyteller.
Post a Comment