Sunday, December 07, 2008

An answer

My roommate and I had a garage sale this weekend since we are moving out of our little house in *two* short weeks. We rose before the sun and had everything ready in the yard by 7. Nobody came until 8. Apparently Winter Shoppers don't go outside when it's 28 degrees outside. We learned. haha. In the mean time we took some pictures, of course.




Here is Krista enjoying some hot tea that we also offered our customers. She's so cute :)


Normal roommates!


Silly roommates, cause this is what we do. :D


And here is our ingenious idea--using a mop to hang clothes from. Haha! It worked nicely and I don't think anyone noticed, though I kind of wished they had : )

The sale went well and we sold all of our 'big ticket' items. Cool thing: I made EXACTLY the amount I would have made next week donating plasma, which I am not able to do. When I saw the amount, I had to smile. He always provides doesn't He? Right then I heard Him loud and clear. It was encouraging to me.

Another encouragement was getting to see my friend from Yosemite, Kate, who goes to Texas A&M!

We were able to reminisce and catch up on each others' lives and walk around Salado shops. It was really great to see her.

Time to go study!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Oh, good times! I'm so glad we did it, pulled it off, and enjoyed it! It was a hit and I'm so glad I got to share it with you :)

Anonymous said...

Lauren! I forgot to ask about your garage sale...oh my goodness! I'm sorry (that's part of the reason I called and I totally forgot)! :-/

Sorry, friend. I want to hear more about it still!