Thursday, May 15, 2008

As of late...(a late post)

****EDIT****
I wrote this post before I left for CA, about a week ago. I was going to put up a few pretty pictures to go along with it, but alas, here it is...boring and raw : ) Enjoy

You would think that since I'm home from school I'd have more time to update! And you would be wrong : ) What HAVE I been up to?

The excerpt from my last post was from this awesome book I've been reading called, "The Case for Faith," by journalist and former atheist Lee Stroble. It is awesome. Basically he comes with 8 reasons (and there are even reasons within the reasons) why he couldn't be a Christian and then further investigates by interviewing who are knowledgeable on the topics. Some examples of obstacles he had to overcome were...evil and suffering existing in the world (a loving God cannot exist), miracles contradicting science, evolution, torture in Hell, doubting, church history being littered with oppression and violence, and the like. It has really made me think about some things that I had previously just accepted, and helped me to identify why exactly I DO accept them. Make sense? Anyway, I would *highly* recommend reading it.

I haven't finished the book yet because I've been doing other things...like painting! We painted all of the trim and doors in our back hallway, along with my room. I really, really like my new wall color, called Pianissimo. : )

On Mother's Day we went to Ft. Worth, had a picnic in a beautiful, busy park, and then went and toured old homes--one of my favorite things to do : )

Since then, I've been getting ready to head West to Yosemite, CA. I leave tomorrow. (Yikes!) I am a little nervous, a little sad, and pretty excited. I'm washing all my clothes right now...it's weird that the time has actually and finally come. I will try to keep this thing updated and I'm definitely sending out emails! I need all the prayer I can get on this adventure...

No comments: