Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another dreary day in 'sunny' CA?


Have I mentioned that it's been rainy and freezing here? Yep, sho' nuff. Today has been nice because I was mostly warm inside the house working from my computer, making the weekly newsletter. I took Mom and Dad's advice and stuck to alot of text boxes. I think it turned out nice. Other than that I had little tasks such as cleaning out The 'Burb, laminating something, making some calls, looking at books on the internet, and becoming friends with Curious, the family cat. I may do a segment on her later this week.

On the Steve & Karen's balcony they have many a cheery thing to make a Texan feel at home. I love how the clouds settle into the mountains...it's kind of calming.

Tonight Steve, Joel, and I rode into the valley to deliver the newsletters and say hello to the tribe. I'm pretty sure that I really like my job. On the way home Steve asked me and Joel to ask him questions because he was getting tired and we had a really good conversation about the Old Testament. I'm still not sure exactly where I stand on some of the things that we discussed, but I'm also not sure if I should have a stand on some of the things. At least not a very strong stand...does that make sense? I think we all could get caught up on little things and miss the bigger picture. Anyway, it was really fun getting to talk from them and learn and ask questions.

Well, tomorrow I'm catching a bus to take to the valley and I'm guessing that I'll stay there for a few days. Please pray for our Gathering worship service that is every Wednesday night at 7:30. Also pray that our team won't be timid and that they'll get out there and meet people! Perhaps in the kitchen... : )

No comments: