This morning we had our first nursing meeting! When the professor starts off by saying, "These next four weeks are going to be brutal, but then it will slow down a little..." you know it's time to listen up. Well, she did, so I did. She also said that by the end of the semester we will pretty much know all we will need to know to become nurses, minus the whole experience thing. What have I gotten myself in to?! Nah, I think it'll be okay.
I'm scared out of my mind. I can't believe that I'm finally going to start learning things that I'll use for the rest of my life and actually dealing with real, live people. I also can't believe that I'll have to show up to clinicals at 6:45 am two times a week. What a drastic change from last semester! (All of my classes started at 1 pm.)
There is some excitement in it all, also. I went and bought my purple uniform scrubs today and got patches to sew on and ordered my name tag. I'll be so official! Now if I can just find some stylish white shoes. :D just kidding....I don't think that's possible.
Anyway, I'll be a busy girl...I'll try my best to keep in touch. I've found that the busier I get, the more I need people. So if you think of it, give me a call or message! :D Goodbye for now.
I can't believe I almost forgot--last night, Krista and I saw a bride in her wedding dress along with her fiancee (complete with cowboy attire) in Walmart. They were just looking at clothes, jewlry, cards...you know, the usual. It was real funny.
1 comment:
That's so excting Lauren! (the whole becoming a nurse thing) I think that with hard work, you might be able to find some stylish white shoes...maybe. :)
i'm happy for you, and praying that these next few weeks won't be as hard as you think, and if they are, that you will handle it well. I know you will!
The bride and groom in wal mart sounds great...I wish I could have seen that.
I will talk to you soon, i miss you and love you!!!
Post a Comment