When I want something really badly (no, I am not talking about that cute purse I saw at Target) I will think on it, cry on it, possibly write about it, and cry on it some more. I repeat this process often enough that my brain goes through some form of mental agony; then when I get a result that I wanted, my outlook totally changes. Most of the time I realize that what I thought I wanted was not really what I wanted at all, and then I feel silly for thinking that I needed that in the first place.
I recently had this experience. I'm over it now. It's another one of those, "Lauren, when will you learn your lesson?" lessons. In reality as long as I have Jesus I don't need anything else at all. His love and grace sustains me. He is sufficient. He carries me in His hand as He leads the way into battle--and out of it victoriously. What an honor to learn how to serve from the greatest Servant of all, and then to serve Him in return. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
5 comments:
When I read the first comment you posted, I was really confused, I was thinking ''how do i know her, and how do i know her mom, and how does her mom know?!?'' but then my brain began to work, i read the comment below...and discovered it was you. but, it did take me a couple minutes.
thanks for the confusion on my poor ACT abused brain lauren.
ps- i love love love love the cd!
thank you very much for that. :)
It's alright, I guess I can forgive you this time. Numbers 3 and 8 are my favorites too! Strange...well you know what they say, great minds think alike. I'm excited to see you and watch all the movies. I love you lauren, and hope that your last week of school goes great! study hard!
talk to you soon.
Lauren, I've been thinking about you and praying for you today during ''the day of many tests.''
I hope they go well, and I'm excited to see you!
it's ok :)
how's the break? how's Starbucks going??
Post a Comment