Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Way it Should Be

Man, it's only noon-thirty and I've already been blessed immensely. The small group Bible study that I attend is just a group of girls, about 8-10 of us. We were sharing prayer requests at the beginning and hearts were poured out. One girl shared that her sister had really hurt her and she knew she needed to forgive, but she didn't want to. We were all just about in tears alongside because we've all been there or are there, so we gathered around and prayed for her. It was such a beautiful time of knees on the ground, openess, community, gentleness, support, and love. I want that to be what I'm all about. Will I ever get there?
Lord, thank you for that picture. I am so blessed to be a part.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a wonderful encouragment to know that you are sharing in such beautiful fellowship.
are you going to be home for thanksgiving? i'm sure your family is doing tons, but would you have any time to spare so i can see you - catch up with you - some before we have to go back to school? if not, then i will definately see you over christmas break. miss you friend!

- alison

menya zavoot aly... said...

Hey! I didnt realize so many people used this now!How are you? your comming home for thanksgiving right? I hope so! miss you!

Allison Hale

allye said...

I love to hear that...sounds like such a good time. I'm excited to see you this week! On friday (the day after thanksgiving) we are having our second annual thanksgiving extravaganza and Lauren Simons house, and if you aren't doning anything, I would love for you to come with me...I believe it starts at 7:00. We will talk more later, but I just wanted to let you know.

oh, by the way, I finally updated. :)

see you soon!
Love!

allye said...

Yes, knocking of some movies from our list sounds like a very great idea...maybe accompanied by some snickerdoodle making? Oh the ideas...:)

I'm excited to see you, and give you a hug Lauren.