This is "the ruins" of a building that got burned down. The ruins are actually a replica of part of the building. UMHB is VERY proud of their history and we had to learn all of these little facts during welcome week.

And my bench. You can see the cool tree that touches the ground on the left, and the pond on the right. I like it here.

My roommate Alicia peeking out from behind Jesus' head. All around campus there are statues...well, I say "all around," but there are only like 4-5 statues.

This is the chapel. It's pretty cool. One time I saw a dead tarantula in front of this building. Supposedly it's tarantula season--creepy!

Wells Nursing building, which is where I spend alot of my time. It doesn't look that big from the front, but it stretches a ways to the back. The first day I walked in it smelled really heavily of formaldehyde, and I thought, "dissections already?!" But later in bioorganic chemistry we learned that aldehydes (used in formaldehydes) are used in lots of building materials...and the part of the building I was in was new. So that's why it smelled the same. Did that make any sense whatsoever?? haha. oh well.
3 comments:
Somehow I managed to make it all the way through life without ever dissecting anything. I'm not really sure how I did that, but I'm not complaining. :0)
Your school campus is so pretty. And I love oak trees that touch the ground. I remember one time my family was thinking of buying a new house and one of the things my mom really wanted was a big oak tree. She didn't care so much about the actual house. Just the oak tree. :0) We never really found one to her liking.
Lauren, I love your pictures. I am glad to see your campus :o) I miss you. And I will try to be better about keeping up with you this semester :o) I mean, I can at least comment on your blog and stuff, yeah? :o) I love you. Daniel called me last night and I started thinking about us original AllSummerStaff and what an awesome summer that was. You guys are my family and I love each of you SO much. :o)
Hi! I'm finally getting settled back at home and decided to check out your new blog. Your new college is GORGEOUS! (minus the whole "tarantula season" thing) ;)
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment